Watch the Episode
Whether its succulents on the front porch or a bonsai on the patio table…there’s a container for every job, and a job for a container in almost every garden.Containers are ideal for growing edibles or ornamentals, that special cutting that an old friend gave you, or the seedling your kid brought home from school.
Plus, taking care of a container can be a lot less daunting than caring for a huge garden, and containers are pretty versatile too.
- Mission Hills and the fantastic container garden created by landscape designers Jim Bishop and Scott Borden
- Spring Trials in Vista, the annual, international “runway show” for new plant varieties where plant explorer Josh Schneider reveals tips and tricks used by professional growers and breeders
- Del Mar garden designer Linda Chisari, who practices the classic art of growing citrus in containers.
- Bonsai master Phil Tacktill and his amazing collection in Solana Beach
- Landscape Designer Koby, master of enormous, luscious planted containers
- A collection of containers that Nan designed for her clients in Talmadge. Nan talks about how to create container collections for your own garden.
- Nan’s kitchen where she and a young friend plant a child’s edible garden in a whimsical container